Even though we are all stuck at home because of the Covid-19 situation, but most of us still think of the upcoming vacation. Of course, the easiest way to travel is plane, but I guess this year it will be such a big privilege. That is why I suggest travelling by car.
I am not going to recommend how to choose the route and where to travel, however I am here to advice you the top GPS tracking apps in 2020. These apps will help you find the way to the destination point.
Top 15 GPS tracking apps for vehicles in 2020:
- Google Maps
- Yandex Navigator
- Here maps
- Route 66 Navigate
- City maps 2go
No doubts almost of Android and iOS users have tried to use Google Maps at least once in their lives.
This app is free of charge and can be used online and offline. Just remember, you need to download maps of the places you go before turning an offline mode on.
Personally speaking this app is good in cities for short routes. However, make sure you are connected to the Internet.
This app is amazing, because: navigation allows you to exclude toll roads on the route, Dynamic Lane Guidance provides road lane safety, Junction View denotes motorway exits.
Mapfactor is a free offline app with detailed GPS navigation using OpenStreetMap data.
This is a good GPS app for beginners in Russian. It is easy to use because at the beginning you will offered to go through training. Voice guidance is available.
OsmAnd is an amazing app for travelling because navigation is based on autonomous maps. It helps you navigate in unfamiliar areas, find objects of interest on the map and get to them, as well as get various tourist information about these objects without access to the Internet.
This is another great offline GPS app. It uses Open Street Map maps installed on your phone or tablet.
CityGuide is a Russian GPS app. It has a lot of options depending on what country you are travelling. However, it is not free.
This is one of my favourite GPS apps. It has an auto rotate mode. You just need to download maps you need and use it offline.
CoPilot is an offline GPS app with intelligent traffic, smart route planning and distraction-free guidance.
TomTom has got 10 reasons why we should use it:
- Intelligent routing assures your sat nav app always guides you on the best route.
- Real-time accurate traffic information fueled by millions of drivers gives you directions around traffic.*
- Traffic Camera alerts with advanced warnings for fixed, mobile, and average speed cameras.*
- With Advanced Lane Guidance you enjoy the relaxation of knowing you’re in the right lane.
- Don’t worry about data consumption or your connection as all your maps are stored on your phone and receive free updates regularly. **
- Points of interest let you find and give directions to millions of useful stops all available offline en-route to and at your destination.
- For the most efficient journey, enjoy an ad-free sat nav experience without interruption.
- Millions of TomTom users help to keep your map fresh by sharing the latest traffic and speed camera locations.
- Download offline maps for over 150 countries.
- Find a route and instantly navigate to contacts and geotagged photos stored in your phone.
The best GPS app in the city: from the city location to the house location and transportation availability.
Route 66 Navigate
Smooth and fast – that’s what ROUTE 66 Navigate is all about.
It has a convenient route planning with an unlimited number of destinations, on-board computer and over 100 different sensors: time, speed, weather conditions and other parameters.
City Maps 2go
This app is great for its maps. No matter where you go, you will find your route using City maps 2go.