MapFactor Navigator is a free GPS app with free offline maps from OpenStreetMaps. This is one more GPS application with 10+ million installations at Google Play Store. Why is it so popular? Let’s check it out.
The main signifant feature of MapFactor is free offline maps: it is possible to get navigation without an internet connection in more than 200 countries.
The main features
MapFactor Navigator has an excellent voice navigation in different languages. No doubts you can find your native language there, since it can be used in more than 200 countries.
As other GPS apps,
- it has a door-to-door (or step-by-step) route planning
- overview of all movements and distance shown on the display of your device
- camera warnings and speed limit (my favourite one)
- you can set up a list of your favourite places and trips
- day and night mode
- and the best one is offline maps, of course.
I would like to mention, even though the app is called as free, but premium features require payment.
Optional features include:
- professional TomTom maps
- Premium Features: Alternative routes, Head-Up Display, No ads, App colour themes
- Live HD Traffic info (selected countries)
- Online Search
Advantages and disadvantages of the MapFactor Navigator app in 2020
According to customers reviews, there is a list of advantages and disadvantages of this GPS app.
Advantages of the MapFactor Navigator app
- no need for an Internet connection
- it is great for both driving and walking: trails are clearly shown
- nice interface
- automatic night display mode
- the best value for required payment
Disadvantages of the MapFactor Navigator app
- it is difficult to find certain addresses, cannot be clearly marked on the map
- keep recalculating gpx routes
- if there are problems with the Internet connection while updating the maps, all files are lost. There is a need to start it over.
- cannot copy-paste an address from Google
- offline search does not work properly
This app has been created by MapFactor. The company is located in Prague, Czech Republic. It has been working on developing navigation software and vehicle tracking systems since 2001.
Starting 2007 the MapFactor company has got its specialization: navigation solutions for professional drivers and dispatcher – driver communication.
Its navigation software is available not only on Android and iOS, but also Windows, WinCE and Windows Phone OS.
Personally speaking, the app is one of the best ones because it can be used offline all over the world. I am not a professional driver, but I like hiking a lot. For hiking it is a pretty good one.
What apps have you been using? Have you ever used the MapFactor Navigator app? Please write your answers in the comments below or to my email. I will be glad to read your comments.